HD II TABLETOP SERIES SUPPORT
PRoblem and Solution
PROBLEM: Hand held controller display is blank with no power (This applies to HD, HD Mini, BT/1212 and CNC Plasma with NC Studio Controller.)
SOLUTION: Check to confirm the NC Studio controller is good by verifying it has power. It should display illuminated LED lights. To confirm the controller is working properly, place a metal screw driver over any of the (3) axis limit switches, and the input should turn on and off. This verifies the controller has power and is working. If confirmed, replace hand held.
PROBLEM: Hand held controller loses power but the rest of the system does not
SOLUTION: Check the 3 fans on the stepper amplifier to make sure they are all running.
PROBLEM: Loud Banging Noise, Cold Motor, Lagging Motor, Out of Square
SOLUTION: Bad Stepper Driver: Needs Replacement
PROBLEM: Machine will not jog or move
1. Check to see if any of the 3 axes are on a limit switch. This will prevent the machine from enabling.
2. Shut machine down and manually push the axis off the limit switch.
3. Re-enable and controller should ask you to reference home. Hit yes
Problem: Machine makes jerking movements when cutting out geometric shapes that contain arcs. This jerking movement occurs when the machine cuts out the arc.
Solution: This is not an issue with the machine, but rather the programmed gcode file that is loaded onto the machine. The arcs that are output into the file are not being output as true arcs, but rather many individual straight lines that make up the arc. The jerking motion is the machine accelerating and decelerating as it cuts out each individual line segment that makes up the arc shape. To rectify the issue, simply change these splines into true arcs and re-post the file.
PROBLEM: Spindle is running in reverse speed, meaning that the lowest spindle 'gear' is resulting in the highest rpm, while the highest 'gear' is resulting in the lowest rpm.
1. Go into the menu and then go to "8.Diagnostics" and "2.Port List". Scroll down to OUTGY15, OUTGY16, and OUTGY17 and change them from "N" to "P" (press 'shift' to change and 'ok' to enter.)
2. Make sure you do all three variables. You shouldn't need to reboot. Just back out to the main menu and check it.
PROBLEM: Z Axis homes upon startup, but X and Y will not. On the hand held controller the X and Y position indicators show movement.
1. Check the amplifiers to see if the green LED is illuminated for X and Y. If they are not illuminated, the axis amplifier is not getting power.
2. Check the fuses on the Power rectifier board. If the fuses are not blown, then the Power rectifier board may be bad.
PROBLEM: Dust collector hose is arcing to your dust hood.
SOLUTION: Check that your dust collector flex hose and metal ducting are properly grounded to the ground rod. In addition, the machine controller should be properly grounded so that system interruption or failure does not occur due to poor ground.